Types of Lottery in UK – How many different Lotteries are there in the UK details will find here. If you live in the United Kingdom, you’ve likely purchased your share of National Lottery tickets with the hope of winning millions. Yet there is much more to The National Lottery than the main Lotto draw.
In fact, the vast plurality of popular lottery games in the United Kingdom is under the control of The National Lottery, which is operated by Camelot UK Lotteries Limited and fully authorized by the UK Gambling Commission. While the lowest age to gamble in the United Kingdom is 18, this law doesn’t apply to lotteries.
You can buy scratch cards and lottery tickets if you are 16 years of age or older. If you do occur to win, you’ll receive your prize in one lump sum. You won’t have to settle for annuity or installment payments like in the USA.
How many different Lotteries are there in the UK?
There are 51 different society lotteries in the UK.
Below are some popular UK lotteries:
- Millionaire Maker
- Health Lottery
- Irish Lotto
- Lotto HotPicks
- EuroMillions HotPicks
- Postcode Lottery
- Free Lottery
- Set For Life
- Health Millions
- Pick 3 – Just 50p to enter!
- UK Powerball Lottery
Types of Lottery in UK
Types of Lottery in UK details will find here. UK lottery fans have a massive variety in the style of games that they can play, all in the hope of hitting that jackpot! Here’s a helpful direction to the best games on offer.
Lotto was the actual National Lottery game, with the very first draw taking place on Saturday 19th November 1994. UK’s most popular game was first launched in 1994 as the UK National Lottery but was officially renamed Lotto in 2002. Players pick six numbers from “1 to 59” and match two or more to win a prize. Here is how much you can win-
- Match 6 main numbers to hit “the jackpot”
- Match 5 main numbers and the bonus to “win £20,000”
- Match 5 main numbers to “win £1,000”
- Match 4 main numbers to “win £100”
- Match 3 main numbers to “win £25”
- Match 2 main number to “win a Lotto Lucky Dip”
EuroMillions is one of the largest lottery games on the planet. Given that the populations of Andorra, Belgium, Austria, France, Ireland, Luxembourg, Portugal, the Isle of Man, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom contribute to the EuroMillions prize pool, the jackpots are astronomical. You can win as much as “€190 million or roughly £174 million” at the present exchange rate.
- Match 5 main numbers and 2 lucky start to “win the jackpot”
- Match 5 main numbers + 1 lucky star to “win £227,848.80”
- Match 5 main numbers to win “£23,586.00”
- Match 4 main numbers + 2 lucky stars to “win £2,307.30”
- Match 4 main numbers + 1 lucky star to “win £123.00”
- Match 3 main numbers + 2 lucky stars to “win £78.00”
- Match 4 main numbers to “win £43.30”
- Match 2 main numbers + 2 lucky stars to “win £14.20′
- Match 3 main numbers + 1 lucky star to “win £10.70”
- Match 3 main numbers to “win £9.00”
- Match 1 main number + 2 lucky stars to “win £7.60”
- Match 2 main numbers + 1 lucky star to “win £6.00”
- Match 2 main numbers to “win £3.30”
When you play Thunderball, you’ll have the chance to win half a million quid for just £1. Thunderball draws take place every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Choose only 5 numbers between 1 to 39 as well as an individual Thunderball number between 1 to 14 to play. If you can’t make up your mind, choose Lucky Dip, which will give you a random selection of numbers.
- Match 5 main numbers and the Thunderball to “win £500,000”
- Match 5 main numbers to “win £5,000”
- Match 4 main numbers and the Thunderball to “win £250”
- Match 4 main numbers to “win £100”
- Match 3 main numbers and the Thunderball to “win£20”
- Match 3 main numbers to “win £10”
- Match 2 main numbers and the Thunderball to “win £10”
- Match 1 main number and the Thunderball to “win £5”
- Match the Thunderball to “win £3”
The Health Lottery
The Health Lottery was launched in – October 2011 to help raise funds for various health causes. Although the Health Lottery is not a national lottery, it funds 51 different society lotteries, each of which is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission.
Each week a different regional society receives a portion of the pot so that the whole of Great Britain is covered over the course of the year. Health Lottery tickets are available throughout Great Britain, but not Northern Ireland, and cost £1 per game. Players can either select 5 numbers from 1 to 50 or buy a quick pick ticket of randomly selected numbers.
If you match 5 numbers, you’ll win a prize equal to 10% of ticket sales up to a maximum of £100,000. If there is more than one winner, the prize will be divided equally. You can also win a bonus of £10,000 by matching 4 numbers You can also win other prizes for 2 or more numbers. The game is popular in part because the odds are much better than the National Lottery.
Thanks for reading my article about Types of Lottery in UK – How many different Lotteries are there in the UK. I think now you know more about Types of Lottery in UK – How many different Lotteries are there in the UK. Stay well.